Frequently Asked Questions
WHO NEEDS MYOFUNCTIONAL THERAPY?
Any individual that suffers from any of the following:
- Mouth Breathing
- Sleep Apnea
- Use Of CPAP Machine
- Clenching Or Grinding Teeth
- Tongue Tie
- Chronic Nasal Congestion
- Chronic Allergies
- Chronic Acid Reflux Or Digestive Issues
- Orthodontic Relapse
- Neck Tension Or Headaches
- TMJ Pain
What information is given during the free assessment?
The Free 30-Minute Assessment is meant to answer any general questions you may have regarding Myofunctional Therapy and helps you decide if going through a Comprehensive Exam makes sense for you. It also allows you to make sure we’re a good fit for you!
Why is there a need for the comprehensive exam?
A Comprehensive Exam is an imperative part of therapy. It helps you connect the dots to fully understand how your Myofunctional Impairments and your symptoms are all connected. It also helps us to customize the best treatment plan for you to achieve success!
What is the cost?
- Comprehensive Exam $75
- All therapy options (Sleep Disordered Breathing, Tongue Tie, Tongue Thrust or sometimes a combination of each) are dependent upon the information gathered in your Comprehensive Exam. Pricing can range from $500-$2800 dependent upon your needs.
When is the payment due?
- Payment is due upon receipt of your invoice prior to starting therapy.
- Payment plans are available.
Do you accept my insurance?
Myofunctional Therapy is not yet a covered service under all medical or dental insurance plans. A therapy bill can be provided that can submitted for possible reimbursement.
Can I use my HSA or FSA?
Most HSA or FSA plans do cover therapy payment.
How long is treatment?
- Dependent upon your specific needs, this will be determined after your Comprehensive Exam. Generally, therapy plans are between 7-12 sessions. Comprehensive Therapy is typically 20-24 sessions.
- We will meet in 1-3-week intervals dependent upon progress and prior commitments.
How long are therapy sessions?
Your Comprehensive Exam will last about 1 hour, thereafter, therapy sessions typically take about 30 minutes of your time.
What results can I expect?
Success of Myofunctional Therapy is completely dependent upon you. The more you put into it, the more you will get out of it. My most compliant patients will notice results or ease of their symptoms very quickly!
Will I be referred to another physician?
Possibly, it is very important to work collaboratively with specialists as needed. Patients may be referred out for conditions such as tongue tie, sleep apnea, enlarged tonsils, severe allergies, orthodontics and speech therapy.
How long will my results last?
The lasting effects of therapy are based on the patient’s awareness once they are done with treatment. Awareness is key! We must utilize the skills learned and be aware of the behavioral change created with Myofunctional Therapy!